Women come in all shapes and sizes and finding the right clothes that fit your body type may be a hassle. The key, however, is to know your proportions and use fashion to accentuate your best features and hide everything else.
Here are some tips on how to dress for your body type.
Apple body shape
This shape is characterized by slim limbs, smaller bust, and the weight is concentrated around the midsection.
- Draw attention away from your waist and shoulders/arms (wear long sleeves), and draw attention to your bust and neck (e.g. v-necks).
- Patterns tend to look very good on an apple shape body as they flatter and camouflage.
- Choose flared pants over straight-leg or skinny pants, and to help balance out wide shoulders and/or a heavy upper body. Wear bottoms just below your hipbone to draw attention away from your midriff.
- Make sure that any pleats of skirts start below the belly to avoid adding extra volume.
- Avoid wearing everything in one solid color. Better to mix color with a texture or to use several layers in different colors.